Monday, September 28, 2009

"Now, an important message from our Sponsor"

I love Sundays! I love the way the hours in Sunday School class and then worship rescue me from the maelstrom of my spontaneous weekdays. One day of refreshing and refilling and spiritual readjusting for the coming six days of chasing my tail. Often it is difficult to slow down and be grateful for the gift of this day rather than guilty for resting...to remember that my Abba knows we NEED this respite so much that He COMMANDS us to rest on His Day each week.

During my first year in Bible Study Fellowship, a study of Moses which included God giving His Commandments to the Israelites, I was "blown away" by a fellow discussion group member's comment about the Sabbath. She told us that she had been raised to honor the Sabbath as a day of rest. When she went to Nursing School ,though it had been challenging, she had diligently rested, never studying or doing any school work on Sundays through her entire college career. I remember wondering if my face exposed the shock I felt internally as I juggled this example of obedience...with the realization of how MY Sabbath Day looked. MY day...that was obviously how I thought of it. My "catch up day"..."Get a jump start on the week."

I am still a work in progress...God continues to chip away at me.

Chip...chip...chip...

Don't miss this video clip ...secure it firmly to the "refrigerator door" of your heart! (Thanks to Steve and Becky for enabling me, the technically challenged, to share this video played at our church service this past Sunday!)


5 comments:

  1. Wow! That was powerful!! I wish there are was a button where we could send this to everyone in the world for them to see :) Its 100% true! That was really neat! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Sarah... I have a long list of people I'd love to share this message with, and so simply presented...

    I hope the copy and paste lesson stuck somewhere on the "refrigerator door" of your mind. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. RIGGGGHHHHTTT! Well, I will try...or I am sure that there are online tutorials and I really should endeavor to add to my knowledge. I will practice, I promise.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great illustration...when you see the truth presented in a skit like this, it really does stick with you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Incomplete thought last night due to mental fatigue...here's the rest! I feel just like you about Sundays, your first paragraph describes the experience SO perfectly. It's so amazing how drawing together to worship Him ends up being a blessing to us. Sunday mornings are my favorite! I need to improve the Sabbath part of it, because I too often spend the afternoon in a frenzy of busy-ness...

    ReplyDelete