Tuesday, May 25, 2010

"She said,YES!"


I was jolted by my cell phone ringing later than usual Sunday night. After locating and retrieving the black covered phone from the "Black Hole of Calcutta" which is my purse I rushed to make contact with whoever was calling before it went to voicemail. The response to my "Hello?" was an exuberant voice..."SHE SAID,YES!"

On Sunday afternoon, at Joshua Tree National Park in Twenty Nine Palms, California, my baby boy, Christian John got down on one knee, pulled out the beautiful ring and asked his sweet Emily Kay to marry him. WOO WOO!!!

It was so fun to listen to them both bubble over with such delight. Emily said she was so excited that she was now going to become a "real" member of our family. Truth is she's been one of us from the start. When I mentioned that she was going to become Emily Kay Fredericks, she exclaimed that she hadn't even thought about that!

Emily and Katie were the girls' names in the running for our last two babies, which ended up Adam and Christian. The furthest thing from my mind in those days of managing four little ones five years and under was that these baby boys would bring an Emily Fredericks and a Caity Fredericks into our family. I am getting my Emily and Caity afterall! God is SO good, all the time He is good. These sweet young women are such blessings to our whole family. They and Becky's Derek and Megan's Avery are wonderful "gifts" to our family we could never have imagined back then.

Oh, oh, oh...now the planning begins...even for the beige-clad Mother of the Groom.

Congratulations to Christian and his Emily Kay!

5 comments:

  1. First Cakey, now Emily? How blessed are WE? SO happy for them...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to you all :) awesome news!! and thats very cool about the names :) Its the little things :) love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Couldn't sleep. Decided to catch up on a few friends and found this! Wow! Congratulations! Wedding in California?

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love this post and i LOVE my family :)

    em and i are blessed ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww! this makes me feel so special.. I am SO happy to join your family Joanne, I am so lucky!

    ReplyDelete