Thursday, July 8, 2010

And...That's That AGAIN



Ten days after our closing on our home in town, we found ourselves sitting in another closing at Sandy Pines. I wouldn't go so far as to say that I am getting used to this emotional upheaval, but I did sense a certain numbness as we walked through "K4" on Sailboat Cove for the last time; at least as it's owners. I really like Mary, it's new owner. I am so happy that she and our wonderful old neighbors are getting EACH OTHER.


I liked hearing her say that after being shown twenty other places she "fell in love" with mine. I am so happy for her excitement to move her vanful of things into my dear little yellow "cottage on the lake" ( we hesitate to use that "T" word) and for her looking forward to her family coming to visit this weekend. It makes it all seem as though it is exactly the way it was always meant to be.


After driving over to our old place to turn on lights and get everything up and running for the new owner's "walk through", we returned to the only roof remaining over our heads to find a park sales agent just finishing a showing with a prospective buyer.


It's a good thing to remember GOD is in control. That there is NOTHING HE does not allow or ordain in our lives.


For today, we look forward to a dinner at Uccello's tonight to celebrate paring ourselves down to one car, one elderly motorcycle, two storage units full of "stuff"....and only ONE trailer on a man-made lake in Allegan County. LIFE IS GOOD

3 comments:

  1. Keep up the great attitude, Mom! We'll be relaxing in 70* temps on the shores of Lake Huron in just a few days...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm thinking more like "Life WAS good"...after all, this is the little house that reeled me in, hook,line & sinker to become a part of the quirky life at the Pines...the little house that calmed & consoled me when my heart was broken...the little house that helped me to laugh again, hope again. I don't do well with change, I guess. I hate saying goodbye. I don't know how you do it.

    ReplyDelete